Where are the PID Numbers

coercri

I have a Nova T Freeview card and Im trying to get it working with Digiguide, Paul Webster has a great utility called DABDig with acts as an interface between Digiguide and DVBViewer (and lots of other cards too), but I need to find out where to get the channel PIDs from? I have seen that there are many PID`s in the Channel List, but I wanted to narrow it down - Which ones are they in there? Or are they somewhere else?

Thanks in advance.

• 11 months later...
I have a Nova T Freeview card and Im trying to get it working with Digiguide, Paul Webster has a great utility called DABDig with acts as an interface between Digiguide and DVBViewer (and lots of other cards too), but I need to find out where to get the channel PIDs from? I have seen that there are many PID`s in the Channel List, but I wanted to narrow it down - Which ones are they in there? Or are they somewhere else?

Thanks in advance.

you can see them here (a-pid):

http://www.satcodx2.com/_data/0282.txt

or in the channel editor from DVBViewer.

maybe paul can make a scraper to get the pids out of the text file and into digiguide ? or maybe here:

http://www.satcodx2.com/_data/0282.rpt

http://www.satcodx2.com/_data/0282.sdx

as the position is fixed.

mike.

you can see them here (a-pid):

hmmm - I don't think that I would want to do it at runtime because things could go horribly wrong if the user wasn't connected to the web or the remote site wasn't reachable.

I suppose that the end-user could copy and save the web page and I could write a tool that made a dabdig.map from it ... but then ... anyone else could do also do that if they had some free time.

Edited by Paul Webster
  • 4 weeks later...

Just bought DVBViewer and been a long-time user of Digiguide.

Did you ever get this working coercri? I've been trying to get the two to talk to each other, searched for a guide and come up with nothing.

Thanks.

• 1 year later...

BUMP

I've been trying to get the Digiguide/DabDig/DVBViewer combination to work here in the UK with DVB-T without much success as well.

Has anyone managed it? If so, could you help me/us out with the configuration please? It seems to be something to do with the naming of the channels or perhaps the channel numbers since Digiguide uses the regular Digital TV channel numbers but DVBViewer doesn't seem to.

TIA.

BUMP

I've been trying to get the Digiguide/DabDig/DVBViewer combination to work here in the UK with DVB-T without much success as well.

Has anyone managed it? If so, could you help me/us out with the configuration please? It seems to be something to do with the naming of the channels or perhaps the channel numbers since Digiguide uses the regular Digital TV channel numbers but DVBViewer doesn't seem to.

TIA.

I've been using this setup for a year or so now. The key is to create a dabdig.map file to translate the Digiguide names into ones that DBVViewer recognises. Also, the settings in dabdig.ini must also be reviewed. A good tip is to tset the debugging level so that you can see what dabdig is trying to do when it is set to record a programme. Hopefully some working configuration files should be attached (please note that dabdig.map.txt should be renamed to dabdig.map).

This does cause an issue in that I have both DVB-S and DVB-T tuners, but the equivalent channels are shown with different names in DVBViewer. So if for instance I want to record BBC1, I have had to decide which tuner should always be used for that channel and put the mapped name in accordingly.

dabdig.ini

dabdig.map.txt