Save teletext page as image

Romme

• 5 weeks later...

I'am using the COM object to get a rage of pages, but the GetPageAsHTML does not render correct HTML :bye:

And the API does not have an GetPageAsImage function, even that it is a nice working feature in the app :)

/Romme

where's the problem ? ..windows print screen. :P

Try to look at thees to to files from BBC World teletext page 100.

Save as Image:

post-23471-1167857932_thumb.png

Save as HTML:

BBC_100.htm

As you can see the top red field with the text "BBC World" (made in ASCII graphics),

is not formattet correctly in the HTML file.

/Romme

Which parts are incorrect?
As you can see the top red field with the text "BBC World" (made in ASCII graphics), is not formattet correctly in the HTML file.

Hmm, that's what I suspected:

a {font-family: G0TEXT2,Courier New;}
#gr {font-family: G1BLOCK6}

Displaying the teletext graphics as HTML requires a special graphics character set (called G1 Block Mosaics Set in the ETSI teletext specifications, ETSI EN 300 706).

In packets X/0 to X/25, each data byte (coded 7 bits plus odd parity) selects an

alphanumeric character from a G0 character set, a mosaic character from the G1

character set or a spacing attribute to occupy a character-space.

Usually the G1BLOCK6 font is installed with the TechniSat software for SkyStar2 / AirStar2 etc., plus the G0TEXT2 font (teletext text characters), that can be replaced by Courier New.

However, that's no solution for users who have no TechniSat card. So if someone knows a good free replacement... would be appreciated. Or if someone, who is familiar with font editors and font handling in general, would create and contribute such a font...

The required patterns are shown here:

http://www.themm.net/~mihu/linux/saa7146/s..._300706e01p.pdf

see 15.7.1, Block Mosaics Set.

Is the font supplied with the TechniSat software for SkyStar2 copyright by TechniSat ?

But if it was possibel to use the "Save as image" function from the APP in the API, then I would have no problems :bye:

/Romme

I have just tryed to installed the newest TechniSat software for my SkyStar2, but I did not get the missings fonts G1BLOCK6 or G0TEXT2

Where can I get thees fonts?

/Romme

Maybe they don't include the fonts in the newer versions anymore. I'll ask Christian whether we can provide it for download.

But if it was possibel to use the "Save as image" function from the APP in the API, then I would have no problems

Sure. Unfortunately I can't help you, because I'm not familiar with the COM interface. Maybe Lars knows something...

Maybe they don't include the fonts in the newer versions anymore. I'll ask Christian whether we can provide it for download.

That would bee very nice :P

Sure. Unfortunately I can't help you, because I'm not familiar with the COM interface. Maybe Lars knows something...

That would bee even nicer if we could access a GetPageAsImage function in the COM interface :bye:

/Romme

Yes. We got hold of the teletext fonts - quite difficult, no one had them anymore - and we are waiting for a permission to provide them as download. If we get no reply till Wednesday, we'll just do it.

Passing a teletext page as image via COM seems to be difficult, as Lars mentioned, because it requires rendering... something like that.

• 7 years later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hello,

I think you are looking for the Teletext Fonts. Go to the members area and use the search function of your browser to find "Teletext Fonts".

Many greetings

Webturtle