Many Channels At The Same Time

Urvabara

Like the image below? It's *no* fake! :rolleyes:

It shows two DVBViewer GE instances, plus two DVBViewer GE preview windows, plus one DVBViewer Pro instance running at the same time and keeping one DVB-S PCI card, one FireWire DVB-S box and one USB DVB-T box busy, altogether five different TV channels... if my CPU and my graphics card were a bit faster, I could have made seven, because I have two DVB-S PCI cards in my PC.

MultiDVB.jpg

it even works over network with the Pro and 6 x vlc as client.

But except for showing off this does not contain any real use for 99.9% of the users. So don't exspect it to be integrated into one app. :rolleyes:

this does not contain any real use

...except for Urvabara McFly :rolleyes: who could also record a whole transponder with DVBViewer Pro or the Videorecorder Plugin or TransEdit and simultaneously use several TSPlayer instances to play all channels that are included in the TS file at the same time (which would require only one DVB device). There are some possibilities to cover the desktop with TV windows.

• 4 months later...

Any news about this feature?

PS. I am a paying customer of DVBViewer, so at least I except good answers and no trolling.

Edited by Urvabara
Any news about this feature?

No.

And for the "I am customer you have to bow before me": does not work, I'm also a paying customer (I paid 3 years ago), griga also, derrick and everyone else in this community except hackbart.

You get the drift? Do it like we did: If you want something really badly, start developing it for yourself. You don't get any money and sometimes you have to explain yourself why you don't want to include a totally nonsense feature, but mostly it is ok :blush:

Ok, ok. It is almost possible with the Mosaic. The problem is that those tiny pictures are updating so slowly, about once in every 10 seconds.

So now I ask: Is it possible to make the Mosaic pictures to update more often: I want them all to update 25 times per second. Possible?

Thanks!

Correct me if I'm wrong but one can of course have two instances of DVBViewer open(hence watching 2 channels at the same time), provided there are two cards installed in the PC, right?

Edited by thehawk

Yes or you use several vlc instances and the netstreaming plugin with whole transponder and you can view all channels of a stream (if they are not encrypted). Though you may need a fast quad CPU for this ;)

Yes or you use several vlc instances and the netstreaming plugin with whole transponder and you can view all channels of a stream (if they are not encrypted). Though you may need a fast quad CPU for this ;)

Sorry, but... What is vlc? How to install the netstreaming plugin?

Correct me if I'm wrong but one can of course have two instances of DVBViewer open(hence watching 2 channels at the same time), provided there are two cards installed in the PC, right?

At least, I cannot open more than one DVBViewer. With one DVB-card, one can watch one multiplex. With two cards, one can watch two multiplexes. etc.

EDIT. Ah. I am not quite sure, because I have only one card...

Edited by Urvabara
  • 1 month later...
I would like to watch many channels at the same time like Marty McFly Jr. did in the Back to the Future II movie. Please, add this feature. Here is my (fake) picture of it. :bye:

Methinks this is how Urvabara wants to spend his time with DVBViewer :)

bttf2multichannelqy0.jpg