Xmltv Probs

I have problems getting MyXMLTV usable with Spanish Channels. I tried serveral tvguide.xml sources, but no lucky:

http://www.DVBViewer.info/forum/index.php?showtopic=18111

http://www.DVBViewer.info/forum/index.php?showtopic=17098

It seems that MyXMLTV development has stopped almost two years ago. Should be possible to have an XMLTV import function in EPGPlus?

The source I'm intersting in (this interstest is shared by all spanish users) is this:

http://www.kubycsystem.com/web/index.php?module=kubycguia

The page is in Spanish. I hope the screenshots can help to understand it. Anyway the updated .xml sources are under the item "Descarga Manual de los ficheros" almost at the bottom of the page.

Thanks in advance. Great plugin!

I am Spanish and I am interested in this new functionaliy as extremeno. In fact We can't import in DVBViewer our spanish EPG at all.

Thanks in advance for your work.

There are some EPG-importers for DVBViewer available which work more ore less well, I guess!?

Reading the forum, and after my own experiece, I think It's true for German users, but deffinitively not for international ones, and I think it's a weak point of DVBViewer against other alternatives (Windows MediaCenter, Mediaportal...). So I support the idea that the best EPG plugin also includes the best EPG importer.

I'm a programmer, with very few spare time, but I can try to help in the development. At least If you need beta-testers, you've got the first one.

Reading the forum, and after my own experiece, I think It's true for German users, but deffinitively not for international ones

...mmmh, I'm sorry if I say you are wrong, but it work very well (at least!) also for italian users (read it "for the italian's providers EPG XMLTV files" :D ), sometime better than dowloading MHW directly from sat...

...and AFAIK there are serious problems only with spanish and greek XMLTV files, but this *clearly* depends on how that files are builded/grabbed... let me try to demonstrate it...

...this is a fresh sample of the italian XMLTV (the whole file is 9Mb...), that's perfectly imported with the actual MyXMLTV utility:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="ISO-8859-1"?>

<tv generator-info-name="htpcitalia.it">

<channel id="00000001">

<display-name>RAI Uno</display-name>

</channel>

<channel id="00000002">

<display-name>RAI Due</display-name>

</channel>

<channel id="00000003">

<display-name>RAI Tre</display-name>

</channel>

. . .

<programme channel="00000001" start="20070507002000 +0200" stop="20070507005500 +0200" ppv="0" id="2150188051">

<title>Oltremoda</title>

<category>LIFESTYLE</category>

<desc>Quali sono gli abiti piu' cool? E Ancora tendenze, mode stagionali e tutto quanto fa glamour nel mondo del jet-set.</desc>

</programme>

<programme channel="00000001" start="20070507005500 +0200" stop="20070507011500 +0200" ppv="0" id="2150188052">

<title>Tg1 Notte - Libri</title>

<category>NEWS</category>

<desc>Le novita' editoriali, i bestseller, le riedizioni di libri diventati classici. Tutto cio' che avete bisogno di sapere prima di un tour nella libreria piu' vicina.</desc>

</programme>

<programme channel="00000001" start="20070507011500 +0200" stop="20070507012000 +0200" ppv="0" id="2150174725">

<title>Che tempo fa</title>

<category>NEWS</category>

<desc>Tutti gli aggiornamenti e le previsioni sulle possibili variazioni delle temperature e delle condizioni dei venti e dei mari.</desc>

</programme>

...in the spanish file I analised few time ago, the «stop="[date][time]» info was totally missing B) (...and this was only one of the "differences" I noticed...)

Obviously this (and perhaps all other) "differences" can be solved by the import routine, but IMHO we firstly have to take in great consideration the Lars_MQ's words three posts up (it's one of the main DVBViewer developers)...

Therefore maybe ATM is preferable to find a quick&dirt solution (i.e. using find&replace in Word to "normalize" the XMLTV spanish file, like I had to do for long time with the italian one before the Lars_MQ utility...), at least while Lars_MQ will end up his work on the DVBViewer's access library...

But I (we?) cannot download the spanish XMLTV file you linked above (perhaps I lacks registration, but honestly I won't be registered...) so I (we) can't analise it: can you please post here a spanish sample like the one above?

;)

Edited by Gioxy
Therefore maybe ATM is preferable to find a quick&dirt solution

No it makes no difference, because the xmltv stuff has to be adjusted anyway. By the way: the xmltv is of no use for german users. the last time i tried it, the download itself took so long, i canceled it after nearly 2 hours.

I'm willing to help but...

I need a actual xml grab, I need the channels.dat and i need the according ini file to map the channels. I don't have neccesarily access to your sat and can't check it completly without channels. You can send it to me via PM or contact me via PM so I can give you an email adress.

We seldom abandom projects, but we have so much to do and so many projects sometimes things slip by B)

I need a actual xml grab, I need the channels.dat and i need the according ini file to map the channels

You quote me, but I guess you refer to extremeno data (ie the spanish xml, channels ecc), since MyXMLTV still work well on import italian's xml grab... but if also the italian one can be of any utility I can upload it, entirely or only the favourites subset...

B)

You quote me, but I guess you refer to extremeno data (ie the spanish xml, channels ecc), since MyXMLTV still work well on import italian's xml grab... but if also the italian one can be of any utility I can upload it, entirely or only the favourites subset...

B)

First of all, thanks you, @Gioxy and @LarsMQ for the interest in solving the problem.

In the last post of that thread:

http://www.DVBViewer.info/forum/index.php?showtopic=18111

I provided a single channel TVguide.xml, without the main error quoted by @Gioxy (it has start and stop times), but MyXmltv still doesn't load it. I think @LarsMQ could test it altering the date and mapping the content to any channel in his installation. It's generated by TVxB with the standard spanish configuration, so it's easy to get more files like this.

There may be a simpler solution. I tried the es tvgrabber, but it breaks with an error, never receiving a valid and complete xml file.

Maybe I don't need to fix anything. Try this:

C:\Transfer\xmltv-0.5.45-win32\xmltv.exe tv_sort --by-channel --output c:\Transfer\xmltv-0.5.45-win32\tvguide2.xml c:\Transfer\xmltv-0.5.45-win32\tvguide.xml

Ofcourse with your folderstructure B)

There may be a simpler solution. I tried the es tvgrabber, but it breaks with an error, never receiving a valid and complete xml file.

I'll try the solution this evening, thanks a lot.

There's a more reliable spanish grabber: tv_grab_es_laguiatv; you can try it if you want. It's still a bit slow, speccially if you want many channels and many days.

Maybe I don't need to fix anything. Try this:

C:\Transfer\xmltv-0.5.45-win32\xmltv.exe tv_sort --by-channel --output c:\Transfer\xmltv-0.5.45-win32\tvguide2.xml c:\Transfer\xmltv-0.5.45-win32\tvguide.xml

Ofcourse with your folderstructure B)

It worked fine for me!

Danke sehr!

¡Muchas Gracias!