Ati 2400 and BBCHD?

boborg

If anybody has a Ati 2400 or 2600 and access to BBCHD, I would like to know if you get video with 2400 and DXvA enabled. I can only get pictures with Cyberlink 7.3 with DXvA disabled. Other H.264 channels work with DXvA enabled. Regardless of it's live stream or playback of recorded BBCHD stream.

I've got a 2400 Pro and XP (SP2) using Catalyst 7.6

Edited by boborg

I have postet two different BBC HD samples (progressive and interlaced, both MBAFF). vonMengen and Steve both were able to decode the 'Robin Hood' sample with UVD.

Beyonce Konzert

BBC HD Robin Hood

However I have problems decoding these samples with PureVideo HD 2, that's why I posted them...

Edited by CiNcH
I've got a 2400 Pro

BTW, read this...

Quote from the article:

The RV610LE will be known to the world as Radeon HD 2400 Pro, and will support 720p HD playback. If you want 1080p HD playback, you have to get a faster performing part.
If anybody has a Ati 2400 or 2600 and access to BBCHD, I would like to know if you get video with 2400 and DXvA enabled. I can only get pictures with Cyberlink 7.4 with DXvA disabled. Other H.264 channels work with DXvA enabled. Regardless of it's live stream or playback of recorded BBCHD stream.

I've got a 2400 Pro and XP (SP2) using Catalyst 7.6

wouldn`t it be better to post this in the 2400/2600 thread ?

@ Cinch

posted the answer to the BBC streams in the 2400/thread

Edited by vonMengen
BTW, read this...

Quote from the article:

"The RV610LE will be known to the world as Radeon HD 2400 Pro, and will support 720p HD playback. If you want 1080p HD playback, you have to get a faster performing part."

If the UVD engine is the same (and it's logical to think that it is the same, for two different engines would mean higher manufacturing costs for the same GPU class) there's no way that the 2400 cards (all of them) can't decode 1080p, BUT being stifled on purpose somehow (something HW disabled? Drivers?).

I have problems decoding these samples with PureVideo HD 2, that's why I posted them...

Hi CiNcH !

You mean with 8600 GTS?

Exactly. Probably you could give 'em a try too... After a few seconds, playback becomes jerky (and it is not the problem mentioned in the Premiere HD/Discovery HD thread, there the problem is with CyberLink's "software algorithms").

After a few seconds, playback becomes jerky

Nothing. No jerk, no jitter.

First trial has been made for both files on Vista.(FW:158.44) In couple of hours i'll give a try on XP. Result is just same as post 5 on "GraphSelector plugin" thread of mine. here

If boborg allows me, i'll post captures later (since it's 2400 thread)

Best!

Edited by ricabullah

Both samples play completely perfect without any artifacts on my system at relative constant 38% CPU-Cycles under XPSP2, ATI1950Pro, Cat.6.6 and Overlay with the actual DVBViewerPro-Beta 3.6.4.12 and Cyberlink 7.3 Video CODEC with DxVA enabled and AC3 Filter as Audio Codec.

On the Beyonce concert sample the camera pan ist perfectly smooth like our 50Hz MPEG2-PAL-Interlace-Broadcasts here in Germany. VERY nice to see these smooth movements in HD. :-)

Second trial has been made on XP: no jitter, no jerk. FW 165.01 without any problem.

Overlay mixer OK, WMR 9 OK.

If you don't mind boborg, at least one capture from Vista.

(sorry, PeterPan; while Beyonce is available, sure i'll add her, not you :bye:

beyoncenewkf2.jpg

Edited by ricabullah

By the way; let me declare:

I appreciate to CiNcH; cause he provoked me to use this HA. One month ago i was asking him what to do.

Thanks again for the orientation, i must admit you are the master of mine.

Best!

Edited by ricabullah

Thanks rica,

I can now reproduce the problem. It only occurs when playing it in DVBViewer with either VMR7 or VMR9 and hardware acceleration turned on (DVBViewer also connects the OSD Source, but when disconnecting it from the running graph, the problem remains). Overlay works fine.

Playing it with GraphEdit with VMR is no problem either, even with hardware acceleration turned on.

Edited by CiNcH

I really don't get it. In GE, when playing Robin Hood, playback is smooth when using DVBSource, but when using another demuxer, the mentioned glitches occur.

In Pro glitches occur with either demuxer. I am really not getting this problem which seems to depend on demuxer and renderer.

Yes, you are right.

I use just graphedit after Griga's approach, so i didn't get awared whether it's working with DVBViewer or GE anymore.

I think our friends should make their homework better anyway.

Just being aggresive will not solve the problems in my opinion.

I am never planning to wait 3 years till the parts get cheaper.

In a year 830, 945, 6600

7600GS,Quadro 560FX,7950GTX,8600GTS

and

i don't earn my money from this job.

I'm just a fwwwwwg enthusiast.

What about the devolopers?

Look around; these guys are giving 100 greens for just a decoder.

If 20 USD is not enough; increase !

But don't tell me you gonna wait till the time when parts gonna get cheaper.

Edited by ricabullah

Ok, now it is also smooth with Pro and DVBSource. Seems I played too much with H.264 latency value :bye: . But still I wonder how a different renderer could work around the problem.

Edited by CiNcH

CiNcH

You just try to connect DVB source filter to ts. (for live broadcast)

So lets use Graphedit alone.

I'm ready to pay for DVBSource filter anyway.

Clock frequency could also play a role...

Not if your slightly more clocked sister card only uses 10% of CPU power for decoding 1080p: the clock difference can't be so huge to make it impossible for the lesser clocked card to decode 1080p conveniently as well.

Just got my 2400pro. Using Vista and cat7.6, there is (sort of) a problem with mbaff interlaced content. It is engaging DXVA, you get see this from rivatuner, from PDVD info tab, and from the fact hardware deinterlacing is happening.

However, there's only a little acceleration going on, or something else is eating CPU. With a 2ghz Core2, that beyonce clip gives 40% CPU. With hardware acceleration off, it's 55-60.

Note that h264 acceleration is fine playing off Bluray, down around 2% even with 40-50mbit.

Just got my 2400pro. Using Vista and cat7.6, there is (sort of) a problem with mbaff interlaced content. It is engaging DXVA, you get see this from rivatuner, from PDVD info tab, and from the fact hardware deinterlacing is happening.

However, there's only a little acceleration going on, or something else is eating CPU. With a 2ghz Core2, that beyonce clip gives 40% CPU. With hardware acceleration off, it's 55-60.

Note that h264 acceleration is fine playing off Bluray, down around 2% even with 40-50mbit.

this reminds me of my first tests with this clip in XP, couldn`t get DXVA to work for 2 hours.

than I loaded Grigas simple TS Player , and after hitttttttting hard DXVA for 10 times or so

the magic happened and it was activated in TS player and afterwards in all players..... WMP, MPclassic, DVBViewer

never seen such strange behaviour before , really funny ;) ;)

http://www.DVBViewer.info/forum/index.php?...st&p=143463

do you like the PQ of this 50 Euro card ....arfster ? :dr_evil:

Edited by vonMengen
do you like the PQ of this 50 Euro card ....arfster ? ;)

Yeah - it seems comparable to the 8500. Will try some more tests later, don't have time atm.

By the way, for others' reference the bug I mentioned above is fixed by changing this reg key to 0:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Video\{EAC7D916-DFB4-412B-9B16-C7B5D5601653}001\UMD\DXVA\DXVA_Only24FPS1080H264

24fps gets accelerated by default, but 25 doesn't *duh*. Works fine now.

Edit: the exact reg key above depends on your machine of course - just do a reg search for DXVA_Only24FPS1080H264. There are actually two entries under that graphics card, 000 and 001 for VGA and DVI, but they mirror each others' settings (ie change one, it'll change the other automatically.).

Edited by arfster

peter1ev1.jpg

It seems more or less the same. (8600GTS)-by the way vonMengen why Peter, why not Beyonce?

Edited by ricabullah
Yeah - it seems comparable to the 8500. Will try some more tests later, don't have time atm.

By the way, for others' reference the bug I mentioned above is fixed by changing this reg key to 0:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Video\{EAC7D916-DFB4-412B-9B16-C7B5D5601653}001\UMD\DXVA\DXVA_Only24FPS1080H264

24fps gets accelerated by default, but 25 doesn't *duh*. Works fine now.

yes but be careful

XP strings are very different

Vista has a lot more options for image manipulations

there is no TRDenoise or such things in XP

you have to create new dwords ,

@rica I am hetero ;) ...but I like the PQ and the smoothness of this clip

best

m

Edited by vonMengen
@rica I am hetero ...but I like the PQ and the smoothness of this clip

Sure!

But let me say i get tired of his "ready to cry" face for two days. Bad choice.

Best!

Edited by ricabullah

Another problem: EVR with these cards forces PC levels (at least in Vista). VMR9 is fine. Have tested with numerous decoders, different formats, dxva on/off. Basically makes the card unusable :-(

Shame, but these drivers are utter garbage - they're riddled with bugs (eg no vista mpeg2 HD hardware acceleration/deinterlacing, wtf?). The hardware is very good when it works, nice deinterlacing even on HD h264, but the software kills all that promise.

The hardware is very good when it works, nice deinterlacing even on HD h264, but the software kills all that promise.

Do you mean another jungle; red one?

Do you mean another jungle; red one?

Even worse for me, I'm afraid. Since PDVD uses EVR, I have to calibrate it one way to play HD discs (and that expansion causes other issues, since it's unnecessary processing). I then have to calibrate it another to get VMR9.

Of course, I don't have the 50hz problems you do, which would be a complete killer.

Shame, but these drivers are utter garbage - they're riddled with bugs (eg no vista mpeg2 HD hardware acceleration/deinterlacing, wtf?).

Yes we're still awaiting the perfect HTPC graphics card. I'm wonder how long it'll take to remove bugs. Think I'll look for a Ethernet receiver like the upcoming Vantage or Dreambox 8000 for optimal playback.

Edited by boborg