DVB-S2 working for Hauppauge // Thor, Sirius transp

Posti2ggr

Greetings everyone.

I did promise to upload the updated transponders for 1W (Thor Canal Digital package) and 5 E (Sirius Viasat package)

and also a short description for how to get DVB-S2 to work with Hauppauge WinTV-HVR 4000 with the new version 3.8.0.0

Difference with modified transponders, btw havent fully tested every channel so there might be some error in files:

Sirius (0050.ini) with SiriusModified......

0050.ini = 299channels (269 video and 30 audio)

SiriusModified.ini = 487channels (422 video and 65 audio)

Thor (3592.ini) with ThorModified.ini

3592.ini = 188channels (149 video and 39 audio)

ThorModified.ini = 328channels (262 video and 66 audio) including the DVB-S2 channels

Use latest TransEdit to edit the transponder for your DVB-S2 channel, or look at Thor transponders....

Mark the followingcheckboxes: 1. DVB-S2, 2. Pilot Symbols and select 0,35 Roll-Off and thats it.

Remember, I didnt got TransEdit to be able to scan the DVB-S2 channels but could make the settings there and then

try within DVBViewer itself.

Best luck to anyone trying.

PS! Now only need to get the HD-channel package from Canal :P DS!

//Posti

ThorModified.ini

SiriusModified.ini

• 2 months later...

Thanks, but.. Could someone please tell me why this (Thor) transponderlist does not find all my channels?

On some transponders it finds the expected channels, but on others nothing. ex. 11229 that according to LyngSat should carry Discovery Channel, Animal Planet etc. The fields PAT, PMT, SDT are all gray :thumbsup:

Please see attached screendump.

post-30594-1192790850_thumb.jpg

..poor reception? :thumbsup:

it should look like this:

Thanks for you fast reply! But...

Besides my FireDTV (that shows the problem) I also have a ´ordinary´ receiver from Canal Digital (CDC-7000 ST) and it displays all channels just fine. I´m swapping the decodercard from one device to the other, so it must be good too.

Also notice that the FireDTV been receiving all channels just fine until some weeks ago. It seems some of the transponders / channels changed at that point, and afterwards I haven´t been able to find half of the channels.... Could it be my FireDTV thats gone bad? Only strange that it still receives half the channels??!