File:msvcr71.dll missing

user123456

I installed MS Visual Studio 2005 SP1 for Vista and then I started to get error message saying that msvcr71.dll cannot be found and DVBViewer cannot be started, but it still starts and works perfectly. So what can I do to get rid of this error message?

I installed MS Visual Studio 2005 SP1 for Vista and then I started to get error message saying that msvcr71.dll cannot be found and DVBViewer cannot be started, but it still starts and works perfectly. So what can I do to get rid of this error message?

I think you use CSC?

The message does originate from a filter/dll or something the DVBViewer uses but is not part of the viewer itself.

The correct solution would be: Go to MS get the runtimes installer of the vc runtimes in question suitable for your system and install it. That way you can be sure all dependencíes are solved and the fitting files are installed. Downloading just a dll may cause more trouble then helping.