USALS Positioner Not Responding

Moush

Hello,

New user of program, which I like, although one problem is that positioner not responding, get impression from newsgroup that others having some issues also.

I know positioner works as operates with other programs.

Configuration is WinXP, AMD Dual core X2 processor 4000+, lots of memory, Graphics Card is Asus EAH2400.

Satellite card is VisionPlus 1020, with Stab positioner HH120, no CAM in satellite card fitted.

Not sure how to operate positioner in this software, although tried all options, so am sure it does not work, instructions in this area not very thorough, presume because relatively new functionality.

It would be good to know how to confirm not working, i.e. op instructions, whether known bug, and when it might be fixed please? Any small program alternatives to drive positioner, rather than installing full alternative satellite program?

Thanks,

Stephen.

DVBViewer work in USALS only for EST positions from your longitude, for WEST positions you must write manualy USALS string command, or simply use the Diseqc 1.2 function (its my case)

You can store position number in your motor using program or receiver who support USALS and Diseqc 1.2.

This for TT 3200 S2 card with BDA drivers, but I havent tested one of my Twinhan (1020 and 1022A) card with DVBViewer.

re:DVBViewer work in USALS only for EST positions from your longitude

I am in the EAST, just, very close to Meridian, so presume this should not be the reason for no positioning.

I will try using another program to store position numbers and see if these will then work in DVBViewer.

Would be very interested if you were able to try with Twinhan card, and see if this is a general issue or specific to my, and some others, setups.

Thanks,

Stephen.

The problem for people close to the meridian is that DVBViewer will try to drive to real angular setting of the sat.

For example, the real position of Hispasat is 330 degrees, so the viewer tries to drive to 330deg East instead of driving to 30deg West.

Hence the answer is to set up a series of command strings (unique to your lat/long) OR use the position no's stored in the motor.

The Stab HH120 has 49 sats stored in its memory (Hispasat being pos'n no. 14). The list is in the instruction book that came with the motor.

I have a small program, diseqc.exe (from this site) that will help with the command strings. I tried to upload as attachment but file was too large, If you can't find it PM me and I will upload it to Zshare.

The problem for people close to the meridian is that DVBViewer will try to drive to real angular setting of the sat.

For example, the real position of Hispasat is 330 degrees, so the viewer tries to drive to 330deg East instead of driving to 30deg West.

Hence the answer is to set up a series of command strings (unique to your lat/long) OR use the position no's stored in the motor.

The Stab HH120 has 49 sats stored in its memory (Hispasat being pos'n no. 14). The list is in the instruction book that came with the motor.

I have a small program, diseqc.exe (from this site) that will help with the command strings. I tried to upload as attachment but file was too large, If you can't find it PM me and I will upload it to Zshare.

I have already tried to find this program here and Internet, but no luck, maybe one moderator can publish it in the download tools section because it is very usefull for DVBViewer owner who use motor.

Thanks mr_chaela for your help also,

I have also searched for the plugin and not found it, so if it could be posted somewhere else, that would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Stephen.