Problem with new HD transponders on Thor5 1-west

Bobben

Yesterday two new DVB-S2 transponders started on 1-west. Today each of the transponders carries 3 FTA channels ( works wery well with Humax HDCI2000).

TransEdit and TT-Connect S2-3600 (USB) has worked wery well with all DVB-S2 transponders on any position so far. The old DVB-S2

transponders on 1-west is not any porblem.

I suspect that its the high bandwidth on the transponder that overloads the TT-connect or the USB link. Each transponder carries total bitrate of 66.84Mbit/s which should not be any problem with USB2.0 ?

12015 H

SR=30000

8PSK

FEC=3/4

Pilot: Off

Roll-off: 0.25

12128 H

SR= 30000

8PSK

FEC=3/4

Pilot: Off

Roll-off: 0.25

TransEdit reports a wery variating total bitrate (between 20-34 Mbit/s).

The same thing happens with both my computers and with all the USB ports.

Anyone can test as the channels is FTA at the moment and on Thor5 1-west European beam.

Btw: I'm using the newest BDA drivers from Technotrend.

Edited by Bobben
  • 2 months later...
I suspect that its the high bandwidth on the transponder that overloads the TT-connect or the USB link.

Most likely. There was a long discussion about this issue in the German section of this forum. Derrick and CiNcH know more about it...

• 1 month later...

I'm continueing here instead of in the german thread as my german is rather bad ;)

I have the FireDTV S2 with the same problems. Latest firmware and beta drivers. Unticking "Open whole transponder" sometimes lets me view the first two channels (not at the same time of course) on the 12015h transponder. The 12128h never works for me.

Is there hope DE can fix this problem with better filtering support in the driver/firmware or should I just look elsewhere for a 100% working DVB-S2 solution?

Regards,

/Martin