Skystar USB 2 HD CI and DVB-S2 transponders

scaistar

I have a new Skystar USB 2 HD CI and latest version of DVBViewer 3.9.4.0 but I cant tune DVB S2 transponders .

With DVB-S no problem...

I search on forum and found this but not help me.

My transponder file have DVB-S2 frequency

28=11258,H,27500,23,S2

29=11278,V,27500,23,S2

etc...

tryed with bundled DVBViewer TE too... but it's the same.

Download latest driver from Technisat.de (7/21/2008) but nothing change.

My Options are this

snap1it9.gif

snap1it9.662053de50.jpg

obviously... test with "new tuning method" off too..

At the end... instal DVBDream and with this have signal on S2.. so.. i think just DVBViewer need correction.

cheers

support.zip

Edited by scaistar

I have bought DVBViewer today and have exactly the same problem.

However I don't think it is caused by the excellent DVBViewer pro 3.9.4, I have a Technisat HD2 PCI card and have tried the drivers on the original CD, downloaded from Technisat and also the Twinhan AD-SP400 which I think is an almost identical card.

I have tried to tune manually and also checked the transponder ini file, nothing makes any difference the card seems incapable of tuning dvb s2 channels. (eg Channel 4 on Astra 28.2E 11798H 29500 3/4)

I have complained to Technisat, may be a good idea if you do as well?

Edited by Crabber

Please check it with TransEdit (download from the members area). It gives a better overview how parameters are set for a particular transponder.

My transponder file have DVB-S2 frequency

28=11258,H,27500,23,S2

29=11278,V,27500,23,S2

DVBViewer probably doesn't understand the "S2", since DVB-S2 is marked in a different way in DVBViewer transponder lists. You want to receive Hotbird, right? Try the Hotbird transponder list that is included in the TransEdit ZIP. Please note: Transponder lists have to be stored in the DVBViewer configuration folder\Transponders subdirectory. Click About -> Configuration folder in DVBViewer resp. Info -> Configuration Folder in TransEdit in order to find it, and close the apps before changing anything there.

Griga i'll try your tips, but i'm not so sure because had a complete SCAN, but a MANUAL scan too with a certain frequence like 11499 etc.. and result is't the same.

@Crabber

not agree with you. I have a Skystar HD2 too and no problem with DVB-S2 channels (they have blue color in Channel list after SCAN).

Please could you tell me which drivers you are using as I have tried scanning a dvb S2 transponder with TransEdit and I get the error message "sorry no available dvb S2 device check settings hardware" Obviously I have the S2 device box checked.

I am using windows XP SP3 media centre version with P4 3.0Ghz

Sorry my previous post is incorrect, I didn't have the box checked in TransEdit, I thought it meant in DVBViewer.

However although my dvb S2 transponders show in blue as well I cannot get a signal on them, if I scan an ordinary transponder with transedit I get a list of found channels but scanning a dvb S2 transponder gives no channels found.

In desperation I removed the Technisat HD2 card from the media centre and tested it in a PC running XP Pro SP2.

I downloaded the free version of TransEdit and it will scan and list the dvb S2 channels that I couldn't get before.

I used the drivers from the Technisat CD. I can only assume that this problem is caused by XP service pack 3??

However although my dvb S2 transponders show in blue as well I cannot get a signal on them, if I scan an ordinary transponder with transedit I get a list of found channels but scanning a dvb S2 transponder gives no channels found.

Ok, let's first focus on TransEdit 3.2 (the version from the members area). Try Settings -> Hardware -> Use standard interface and Stop stream while tuning on/off (all combinations). A posting in the German section reports similar trouble with a SkyStar HD PCI under XP SP3, but changing these settings seems to do something...

@ Griga thank you so much for your suggestions, I have tried every combination but nothing works.

Tomorrow I will buy and fit a new hard drive to my media centre and install vista to see if I can scan dvb-S2 channels with that.

OK I have taken your advice, but so that I could be sure my media centre is not causing any problems I have installed XP home SP2 on a different HDD.

This works perfectly, I can scan and watch Dvb-S2 channels and USALS works, my motor drives to the correct satellite on channel change.

I can now say for certain that windows media center edition with SP3 is the cause of my problem.

I am sorry I seem to have taken over this thread, I am aware that the original question was about the USB version.

Edited by Crabber
don't. vista will make matters worse.

I have the same card Skystar HD 2 PCI with CI in Vista32 home premium and it works fine with bda driver from technisat.

Thought I should add this to the conversation for people checking out this thread and having problems with the card.

My setup for HD playback is cyberlink 8 H264/AVC with EVR and ac3filter (ati 3650 HD core2 duo 3ghz) and the results are great.

• 2 years later...

Also on "Windows 7 x86"

it works correctly without any problem.

for now i can scan and watched DVB-S2 channels on Hotbird and any other satellies using DVBViewer 4.0 on Windows 7 using Skystar USB 2 HD CI.

i think all the problem peoples have about S2 frequencies is about Transponder lists of satellites on DVBViewer Data Folder not on Program Files folder.

i recommend using DVBViewer->Help->Configuration Folder.

and then on the Transponder lists of the official satellite your want for example 13.0 for Hotbird @ 13East.

then open it using Notepad and check the parameters of the S2 Frequencies.

please noticed : the format of a DVB-S2 frequency must end to "6"

for example : 42=11449,H,27500,23,6

now u can simply scan it in DVBViewer and if the Satellite Dish is pointed to satellite correctly you must take the Channels on DVB-S2 and DVB-S frequencies.

I love DVBViewer and Technisat Products.

Thank you DVBViewer Developers for your nice development.

I can't imagine watching Satellite TV on Computer without DVBViewer.

• 2 years later...

also i suggest whom have any problem with DVB-S2 frequencies, use "TransEdit" application in DVBViewer members page.

latest version of TransEdit has new frequencies usually and it is updated.

anyway if you prefer set a DVB-S2 frequency manually by yourself, in TransEdit application, after chosing the suitable Satellite, in the left hand side, where you can add or update any Frequencies of that selected Satellites, there is an option called "DVB-S2"

if you checked it, DVBViewer knows that frequency as a DVB-S2.

after scanning of the Signal quality is strong enough, work done.

don't forget save all your updated settings in TransEdit while closing.

enjoy it.