Dvbviewer Pro- Usals work with 4 port diseqc switch?

starman345

Seems like I'm missing a step setting up my motor and switch with DVBViewer. I have a Dvbworld 2104 USB S2 box connected to a sg2100 motor then on to a 4 port Spaun diseqc switch then on to an Invacom quad lnbf. Everything works fine if I select posA/OptA, channel tunes and plays, but if I want to setup my motor to use Usals then I have to select goto angular, which in turn means I lose my switch selection (PosA/OptA) and the channel won't tune. Is there a way for me to set my switch setting as well as select goto angular?

With my rather limited knowledge on this subject, I never imagined it was possible to combine USALS and Diseqc switching... will be interested to know how it is done if it is not that an application is developed specifically for that purpose...

In the meanwhile I think with DVBV it is either one or the other... :)

Hi Balky, thanks for your reply. other dvb applications I've used allow you to use switches, diseqc or 22khz(or both in the same setup), while using diseqc1.2 or Usals with my motor. In DVBViewer it seems in the DiseqC drop down box, all the choices for various switches are there and also choices for motor control, meaning you can only choose one. In other applications those things are seperated, area for switches, area for motor control. Being English only I know I am missing a lot of good information in this forum, and there are likely posts about my specific problem that could help me. I have been trying to use a translator to read the posts but in most cases the translations don't make much sense. Thanks again for your reply.

I know very little about this but I would have thought you can set up a 'command string' to achieve what you want. There is a little program posted somewhere on this site, diseqc.exe , that will give you the appropriate diseqc 1.2 commands, but I don't know about the switch commands. There are a few threads on here about the syntax of such combinations.

Also I think I read a thread on another site where somebody achieved what you want, I think he made separate channel folders for each switch position and somehow incorporated the switch command in the channel list, then used the motor commands as usual.

As I said, my knowledge of this is very small and I apologize if what I have said is utter nonsense, but it's the the way I would approach the problem.

I think Lars is the person to give you the correct answer, perhaps when he has time he will contribute to your thread.

Mr_Chaela, thank you very much for your reply. I think I have managed to find the way to success ;) For anyone interested this is the procedure I used:

Scan a satellite you want in Transedit, don't forget to input your switch setting(this is key). Select all scanned channels and send them to DVBViewer. Close Transedit, it will ask if you want to save the info in the ini file? select yes.

Open DVBViewer, select the newly scanned satellite in the channel editor. On the right side, in the DiseqC box, select goto angular, under that in the Usals box select the satellite you just scanned in Transedit, then click update. Thats it!

I checked the ini file before and after scanning in Transedit and noticed Transedit adds information to that file and I believe one of the things it adds is your switch setting. Someone correct me if I'm wrong. At any rate this procedure has worked for me. I am using a twinhan 1020a, SG2100 motor with a Spaun 4X1 diseqC switch. Many thanks for the replies.

If you want both, switch as well as usals, you have to use command strings. Alas DVBViewer's diseqc is not very user friendly ;)

Hi,

It is working fine without command strings, just using the procedure I outlined above. I am guessing DVBViewer is reading the ini file for the switch setting, and the channel editor for the goto angular direction?By command strings you mean raw diseqC commands? I use those in DdvDream and was going to try in DVBViewer but stumbled on the above, it is a lot easier to setup. Thanks

Edited by starman345