Skystar HD 2 DiseqC switch problem

ehalahmi

Hi all,

I am receiving 3 sats: Hotbird 13.0E (port A in switch), Astra 19.2E (port B in the switch), Eurobird/Astra2 (port C in the switch) with a DiseqC switch. I have Skystar HD 2. I can see hotbird ok. However, when I try to scan for Astra 1/2 I get no signal. I tired all Disecqc options there (PosA/OptB, Pos A/OptA etc.) but no change. Moreover, when I scan for hotbird, it ALWAYS gets signal, no matter which DiseqC I select. In all options (even "none", "SimpleA" etc. ) it finds all the hotbirds channels.

I also have a dreambox DM800. There it all work ok (DiseqC configuration there: "simple A/B/C/D").

I am using the latest versions of drivers from technisat (http://www.technisat-daun.de/download/en/s...dvb.hd2.1_1.zip). I have Gigabyte GA-73PVM-S2H motherboard with nVIDIA® GeForce 7100/nForce 630i chipset.

using DVBViewer Pro V3.9.4.0. Support zip attached.

PLEASE HELP! I am getting desperate...

Erez.

support.zip

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I have the same problem with Skyview and Alt-DVB :

I use a simple 2-way switch : Hotbird 13 on LNB 1 and Astra 19 on LNB 2.

In skyview:

Hotbird scan is ok for LNB 1 on simple 1 diseqc switch.

Astra is find the same channels as Hotbird - i assume that LNB 2 is not working on simple disecs switch.

I use the Technisat drivers V 1-4-10-18.

In Alt-DVB : while scan, alt-dvb says there is a problem with the " Tonebrust not supported "

Is it a driver problem ??

while scan, alt-dvb says there is a problem with the " Tonebrust not supported "

Tone burst is an old method for switching between two satellite positions (AFAIK used before DiSEqC was introduced). It works by sending a short 22 khz signal to the switch, either unmodulated (for position A) or modulated (interrupted in certain intervals for position B ).

Since modern switches don't use it anymore, it is not implemented by some drivers. DVBViewer exposes it as "Simple A" and "Simple B" in the UI. However, if the driver doesn't support it, Simple A/B are redirected to PosA/OptA and PosB/OptA DiSEqC commands.

It should work with the old SkyStar HD (based on TechnoTrend design) , but not with the new SkyStar HD 2, that is Twinhan based. The interface contains no burst command, as far as I can see.

It should work with the old SkyStar HD (based on TechnoTrend design) , but not with the new SkyStar HD 2, that is Twinhan based. The interface contains no burst command, as far as I can see.

Problem soved for me !

Buy a new Disecq switch version2.0 , and connect it to the Skystar HD2 or others.

Skyview works now correct on LNB-1 and LNB-2 on a 2 or 3-way swith.

No need for change setings or drivers . My old switch was version V1.1.

Thanks for reply.