Errors in DVBViewer 3.9.4.0 (Czech)

zetka

Hello,

I have bought the 3.9.4.0 version of the DVBViewer after having used the TE version more than year on my Technisat Airstar2 DVB-T. I hoped that some bugs and errors on TE version will not be on the Pro version, but they are there and some more.

I try to describe them:

1. EPG display error. MAJOR problem.

In the Czech republic we have more DVB-T multiplex stations with different TV programs. The problem is, that when I open the EPG window, the EPG from the different programs of the current multiplex which I am seeing are incorrectly copied under the names of the programs from the other multiplexes too. The result is, that in the EPG guide there is incorrect information. This problem has the TE version. Very annoying and unpleasant.

I think that the best way is to identify correctly which multiplex is tuned and only EPG of those programs must be displayed and the other programs should not be touched or maybe greyed or similar.

2. EPG Language problem in Pro (3.9.4) version. Major problem.

Although I have tried all possible setting, Language set to Czech, teletext set to Czech, the diacritic characters are not displayed correctly. It concerns the big black window after program change and the EPG guide and all windows itself. My opinion is, that a wrong font is selected, but it has to be investigated further.

It seems that before the diacritics change (for example e with "hook" above) the program displays some A with roof and then the character without diacritics. It is interesting that in the TE version there is no czech chars at all.

3. minor display error

In case of using General windows Font size 125% some characters of the status line below are not displayed correctly, they are partially hidden.

In case of iterest, I am ready to collaborate to diagnose and find those problems, which are Language and localy determined.

Thanks for reading and hoping to solve those longly annonying problems of a very nice program,

zetka, Prague, Czech Republic.

comments to attached screenshots:

technisat3 - the status bar

technisat2 - epg window with wrong chars

post-51701-1225228739_thumb.jpg

post-51701-1225228762_thumb.jpg

post-51701-1225228773_thumb.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

I have same problem with Slovak EPG diacritics. It is annoying that lots of letters is messed up. Is there any solution that with help you to change it? So it can be fixed in next version. Having DVBViewer for couple years and never seen anyone to mention this bug.

post-35321-1226542669_thumb.jpg

Correct should be “ Najlepší spôsob ako zomrieť. ”

Thanks for understanding.

Hello, I am from Czech republic too, and have not problem described above.

2. EPG Language problem in Pro (3.9.4) version. Major problem. the diacritic characters are not displayed correctly.

My DVBViewer displays local diacritic correctly.

Great stations (Czech TV 1, 2, 3, 4, Nova, Prima, Czech Radio 1, 2, 3, 4, 5,...) are displayed correctly (programmes and also descriptions).

Here is any problem only on one multiplex (beginning pack 'CDG' with three marginal TV studios): it is probably on his side, choose or implement rules incorrectly.

In addition, some transciever has had EPG problems in last days due to changing of general broadcast frequency plan on whole country (described in news and journals during passed year).

1. EPG display error. MAJOR problem.

only EPG of tuned programs must be displayed and the other programs should not be touched or maybe greyed or similar.

I not want impossibility of selecting of programs from others packs.

I not want invisibility of programs from others packs.

Thanks.

DVBViewer is surpassing program.

I am going describe few little weak points in another topic.

Best regards.

I have to disagree with you or there must be some differences (you can consult it with me by email in Czech). My QTH is Praha.

I have added some pictures of the errors and informations on the message thread:

http://www.DVBViewer.info/forum/index.php?...mp;#entry219816

there you can see what happens. Your info about the CDG is not correct, I have contacted directly their technical support and they are transmitting in the same norm as the Czech TV.

So the problem on my side continues and I think that the above given thread shows, that something is not correct and should be solved.

Regards,

Zetka (Vojtech).

• 7 months later...