Diseq as switch and as positioner

Diego

Dear all,

I'm a new user of DVBViewer pro.

I like the program for h264 tv viewing but I have a problem using it with my two dish one of wich is motorized.

I have one fixed dish positioned on hotbird 13E and a motorized dish that work with diseq 1,2 and usals.

In one imput of the positioner comes the signal of the fixed dish, and then at my dvb card arrive 1 wire from the positioner.

So my diseq 1,2 and usals positioner make as switch.

How can I configure DVBViewer properly, in order to use the motorized dish with usals?

My experience:

I have putted the fixed dish on pos A/opt A in tune up menu, and it works, then I putted the motorized dish on pos B/ opt A and tuned up with the actual sat position and all works.

But how to make it moving?

I insered my latitude/longitude in the diseq editor menu, then in the tuning up menu I used goto angle and decided the sat, it worked, I tuned up some satellites but then I wanted to view some tv channel on another satellite and all I obtained was a blank screen.

So now I reinstalled DVBViewer and I tuned it only one in pos A/ opt A (hotbird fixed), and the motorized dish on pos B/ opt A on Astra 19E (after having moved it on the proper position with another dvb program).

What to do to fix the problem.

Thank you in advance for any help. :)

But how to make it moving?

Sorry to say, but a positioner behind a switch is not supported by DVBViewer Pro.

It can be achieved (in theory) by entering the according DiSEqC command sequence, but that's quite complicated - it requires excellent knowledge of the Eutelsat DiSEqC specifications, sophisticated mathematical calculations with a lot of sinus and cosinus and compiling a string with hex numbers following a certain syntax - particularly for USALS it's nearly hopeless to do this manually.

However, I'm working at it - the scanner TransEdit will support DiSEqC 1.1/1.2 in future, provide an UI for setting up what you want and will (hopefully) be able to export it to DVBViewer Pro (I'm not sure how to do this yet). ATM my main occupation (not computer related) keeps me quite busy, but I hope in the Christmas holidays there will be more time to look after it and to start with first tests. So please stay tuned - I'll need testers like you, because I have no positioner.

So please stay tuned - I'll need testers like you, because I have no positioner.

Dear Griga,

thank you for the reply, I' m ready for the tests, I think like some others over here.

Thank you Griga for all you will do for us to fix the problem.

Transedit is the "trial" version of DVBViewer and I like it so much like tuning ability that I' ve bought DVBViewer, so I' m a your fan. ;)

Transedit is the "trial" version of DVBViewer
Transedit MMC is the trial version, this Version is based on the DVBViewer Pro Code.

The normal TransEdit Version (with all features) from the members section is based on the DVBViewer GE code.

Transedit MMC is the trial version, this Version is based on the DVBViewer Pro Code.

The normal TransEdit Version (with all features) from the members section is based on the DVBViewer GE code.

Thank you for the precisation