DVBViewer Recording Properties

In the membersarea -> tools is a new little helper.

It enables the Vista/Winodows 7 explorer to show the detailed fileinfo of DVBViewer recordings. It also enables the Windows indexer/search to search through the details.

Vista 32bit /Winodows 7 32bit only and TS files only! In the DVBViewer/Recording service you need to enable the fileinfo option.

post-5310-1238654840_thumb.jpg

post-5310-1238654849_thumb.jpg

Doesn't work in Vista 64bit EXPECT when using 32bit program with explorer interface(file open dialog). Entries are there but without values

Also filename is no longer shown in statusbar for ts files

post-60584-1238870619_thumb.jpg

• 10 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 1 year later...

No, unfortunatly we don't have a 64 bit compiler...

Any plans to get one since Delphi XE2 is released now and it has a full 64-bit compiler and supports Cross-platform development for Windows and Mac?

Must be good for business expanding to the Mac market as well and no need to use emulators anymore.

Personally i wanna be abled to use RS on a 64-bit windows the same way as on my 32-bit and most importantly utilizing full system memory.

When it comes to script friendlyness, lack of 64-bit support for the detailed fileinfo/property tool for Winodows 7 explorer messes up every script dependant on these detailed explorer fileinfo/property. So Windows7 64-bit is a no go so far for me, unfortunately. Hoping things could change soon.

Regards

majstang

• 1 month later...

Aktually there are plans. ;)

Version 2.0 will be released shortly. It supports vista/Win 7 32bit and 64bit and additionally can create thumbnails for a lot of videofiles (with the help of ffmpeg) (this can be disabled in the installer).

Personally i wanna be abled to use RS on a 64-bit windows the same way as on my 32-bit and most importantly utilizing full system memory.

There will be NO 64bit version of the RS in the foreseable future. The same goes for the DVBViewer. There is no need for this (neither programm uses THAT amount of memory) and there are several things, which simply make it impossible.

64 bit applications need 64 bit dlls. So byebye to the plugins, no sqlite support (only 32bit dll available) and the list goes on...

We will do some things in 64bit (when it is fitting) and most likely some Mac programs (only on the client side because there is no standard for dvb hardware on apple hardware) and maybe we do some IOS stuff. :)

Aktually there are plans. ;)

Version 2.0 will be released shortly. It supports vista/Win 7 32bit and 64bit and additionally can create thumbnails for a lot of videofiles (with the help of ffmpeg) (this can be disabled in the installer).

Awesome news :thumbsup: Recording properties tool supporting 64-bit is the main key for my scripts to work.

Yes, i agree porting the whole RS and DVBViewer to 64-bit isnt entirely necessary right now. This should be a slow process in som alfa version giving the plugin-authors a chance to catch up...vital tools (sqlite) not supporting 64-bit is worse to tackle.

Intresting stuff you are letting us know here. I suppose this means you have now made a big investment in Delphi XE2, which not only opens up quite cool possibilities, but supposedly also means now is the time to support the DVBViewer project more than ever...buying a couple of additional licenses :bye:

Decided to test version 2.0 more extensively today on my Windows 7 64-bit system and i have to say the results are somewhat shaky. 5 recordings were made by the RS

two H.264 and three MPEG2 (.ts). Both H.264 had no "Data rate" value or more precise 0.

Two MPEG2:s had all details there, but one had pretty much everything missing under "Video" section.

post-56433-0-89918800-1332624759_thumb.jpg

Edited by majstang