4.1 freezes when scanning from recording service

zeflash

I've been successfully using 4.1 & the latest recording service beta (awesome work there) for a week now, and I figured I might rescan the channels because sometimes my cable provider (numericable) changes channel frequencies, add new ones, etc.

I did it "as usual", from the client, scan range - and the whole thing froze for good at 1% after coming back to like a few times.

Worse, I then went to the recording service to see what was going on, and after closing the configuration the service wouldn't come back up - it appeared the dvbservice.exe process was stuck at 100% CPU and couldn't be killed by process explorer. I had to reboot.

So, there is an issue here. I'd like to know how is a scan supposed to be done when using the recording service - I temporarily stopped the service, and used the fireDTV card directly from DVBViewer to do the range scan, but I'm assuming it shouldn't be necessary, correct?