Problem with the encoding of the web interface

I have problem with the encoding of all the pages in the web interface. They use "Western ISO-8859-1" instead of the needed here in Bulgaria "Cyrillic (Windows-1251)". I suppose it's hard to automatically find the needed character encoding for each channels but as DVBViewer's EPG shows it correctly I think it's right to think that DVBService should do it too. This encoding problem is not only with the EPG texts - as you can see all non english texts are messed up. In the attached picture you can also see that there are size issues - the day labels are messing up with the clock and others in the top.

dvbserviceencoding.th.png

You have to set the charset in the Recording Service language file.

Copy the ...\DVBViewer\Language\rc_english.lng ad tor it as rc_bulgaria.lng and charset

[Webserv]

lngCharset=

and than restart the Recording Service and selected there new language file.

You have to set the charset in the Recording Service language file.

Copy the ...\DVBViewer\Language\rc_english.lng ad tor it as rc_bulgaria.lng and charset

and than restart the Recording Service and selected there new language file.

:D

Great. That worked for the encoding problem. Now the only thing left is the messed up links/controls in the top bar of both Timeline and TVGuide pages.

• 2 months later...

I've just updated to v1.5.0.31 and I have almost the same problem again. This time it's only with the EPG data itself though. The encoding of index.html is correctly set to windows-1251 but still the EPG data is not readable.

• 3 months later...

I have the same problem. My Polish special letters aren't shows correct. I tried to change lngcharset for ISO-8859-2, utf-8, windows-1250. Firefox saw that changes (in information about page), but still shows: ¿, à, ø etc.

// Is it file rc_language.lng everything for language file? Maybe i can translate it for my native language and upload it.

Edited by Przemek211
// Is it file rc_language.lng everything for language file?
Probably not all, it seems to me that some part are taken from the DVBViewer corresponding language.lng file...

o:)

Unfortunately not at all pages was implemented automatic selection of encoding, in some pages encoding is set manually to the ISO-8859-1(streamconfig2.html, streamext.html, streamint.html). Please check the html headers and change it for the automatic selection, for example

was

<meta http-equiv="content-type" content="text/html;charset=ISO-8859-1">

should be

<meta http-equiv="content-type" content="text/html;charset={lngCharset}">

I translated in approximately 1/2 of texts, but still has problem with charset. I fixed a bug in html files (to lngcharset), but Firefox shows that charset is other (e.g. Iso-8859-2 or Windows-1250), but it isn't helpful :bye:

I can upload progress of my work, but without solve this problem is nonsense o:)

Edited by Przemek211