WDM drivers - maybe better than BDA?

Przemek211

Hi, i have two cause, why WDM driver are better than BDA and DVBV developers - in my opinion - too fast resignation for support this type of driver architecture:

- on most popular cards - Skystar's with BDA - sleep mode is no working after wake up

- few new cards haven't good bda driver - for example Skystar S2 - this card, with BDA driver isn't works correctly with few DVB-S2 transponders (if not works, it show EPG, signal quality is better than DVB-S2 tp. which works correctly..). with wdm driver you cannot see this problem.

Why? WDM is only useful for skystar2. don't use the BDA driver, the WDM driver is much better supported. everybody knows this. No sane person would change a perfectly working WDM driver for an new BDA driver... :)

Why? WDM is only useful for skystar2. don't use the BDA driver, the WDM driver is much better supported. everybody knows this. No sane person would change a perfectly working WDM driver for an new BDA driver... :)

so, can you present here, why WDM driver is worse than BDA? (maybe worse for developers, but other?)

Hello, i have a skystar s2, which haven't good bda driver, so i'm testing WDM driver and it's works correctly with DVBDream, but i like DVBV. I think that is the same driver which have skystar 2 and i see that dvbv has a fixes for ss2 wdm using. So, which drivers are tested for ss2? i tested 4.5.0.0, but dvbv cannot see him.

Edited by Przemek211

yes, yes, yes i'm do it. this is end of one from my biggest problems on htpc which i have from end of march (when i bought my first SAT card for pc). now if anybody has a problem with a skystar s2 BDA driver:

DVBViewer support wdm driver for skystar 2 so download it from this page: http://www.dvbskystar.com/down_drivers.html install official program, and go to C:\program files\technisat dvb\bin\ - you find here two files: skydll.dll (i'm not sure that we must use this one) and Sky2PCAVSrc.ax. copy this for example to: c:\ and go to command line and write: regsvr32 c:\Sky2PCAVSrc.ax. If show a problem, check path and if you are using UAC in vista you must off it.

Now in DVBV you can see Skystar S2 TV PCI. What's interested DVBV show: S2? why xD ?

Edited by Przemek211