Problem with OSD and video renderer

dobbeltseng

Hi.

I use DVBViewer on 2 pc's. One using Vista and one using Windows 7.

My problem is that all the OSD windows looks like crap when I'am using EVR video renderer, but all SD and HD channels are working great.

It doesen't help changing the video decoder, that makes no change.

If I use overlay video renderer the OSD looks nice, but then HD-channels and SD-channels doesn't work very well.

See screenshots of good and bad OSD.

I have always had this problem. I have tried DVBViewer on several machines, but always the same problem.

I have also tried different osd-skins, but that makes no change. Same problem on all osd-skins.

Can anyone help me with this problem please?

Thanks for any help on this problem!

post-67978-1250627223_thumb.jpg

post-67978-1250627238_thumb.jpg

I don't have a solution, but I've seen this, and it appears that the resolution of the video stream influences how blocky the OSD appears. For example, Freeview UK's BBC streams at 720x576 look fine, but certain Freesat signals at 544x576 or 528x576 look similar to yours.

For me, the workaround was to use VMR9 in conjunction with the NVIDIA VMR Fix and the Cyberlink PowerDVD decoders (with DXVA) which seem to perform well enough.

Edited by CX23882-19

I have been testing a lot the past days.

I have 2 mediacenter pc's with DVBViewer.

Both are fresh installed with Windows 7 Pro RTM.

Both have the latest drivers from Nvidia.

Pc 1 has the following hardware:

-Gibabyte ga-p35-ds3 motherboard

-Intel core quad Q9550 2,83GHz cpu

-Nvidia GT9500 display adapter

-4 gb ddr2 memory

Pc 2 has the following hardware:

-Gibabyte ga-p35-ds3 motherboard

-Intel Pentium D 3,4GHz cpu

-Nvidia GT7600 display adapter

-2 gb ddr2 memory

I have H264 codecs from PowerDVD9, Microsoft DTV-DVD(embedded in Win7) and CoreAVC.

On pc 1 I get very good OSD with the overlay mixer.

SD-channels are working good.

Hd-channels are working good with all 3 decoders. DVBViewer is using 40% Cpu(Q9550) when decoding hd-channels, so it can't be using much resources from the GPU?

With VMR9 the results is about the same as overlay mixer. The osd is a little bit better in overlay mixer.

On pc 2 I get very good OSD with the overlay mixer.

SD-channels are not working good. All the edges on the channel logos and on evrything else is bad. And the osd is blinking at times.

Hd-channels are not working good. The cpu(Pentium D 3,4) is at 90%, and the picture can not be played smooth.

With VMR9 the results is as bad as the overlay mixer.

With EVR the OSD looks very bad, but sd and hd channels are working a little bit better, but not as good as it should.

On HD-channels the cpu(Pentium D 3,4) are at about 60-70% with evr, but the picutre can not be played perfectly smooth.

Is the second pc to bad to use for hd-channels? And why are all the edges so blocky on the second pc?

Can't DVBViewer use the power of the gpu to decode hd-channels?

So this is a windows 7 problem? Anyone having any reports of this happening in Vista?

This is also confirmed with an Intel Integrated Videocard, it has the same problem.

So this is a windows 7 problem? Anyone having any reports of this happening in Vista?

This is also confirmed with an Intel Integrated Videocard, it has the same problem.

I also have this problem and I am on Vista 32bit.

I would appreciate any help!

None of the other options really work for me, they produce a picture of half the size although the OSD is high quality.

The only one with full size video is EVR but that then produces poor quality OSD :-(

I have this problem on XP x86, Win7 x86 and Win7 x64.

It would appear that it's an EVR problem on my PC's.

For me the best solution is to use Cyberlink codecs with VMR7, and to enable DXVA I have to open Cyberlink properties page, Disable DXVA, restart DVBViewer, Enable DXVA, restart the Viewer again and all well until I change decoder or renderer. I need to go through this procedure for both mpeg2 and H.264 decoders.

The downside to this is that I get aspect ratio problems when using VMR. ;)

@simeoniipcker

Have you tried enabling '(Nvidia) VMR fix' - if you get quarter size picture in top left corner of screen.

Edited by mr_chaela
Hi.

I use DVBViewer on 2 pc's. One using Vista and one using Windows 7.

My problem is that all the OSD windows looks like crap when I'am using EVR video renderer,

I have also tried different osd-skins, but that makes no change. Same problem on all osd-skins.

Have you tried the skin from this topic?

http://www.DVBViewer.info/forum/index.php?...=15819&st=0

Edited by alvox