DVB-S2 & Window 7 & Hauppauge

Griga

There were some reports about DVB-S2 not working in DVBViewer with Hauppauge DVB-S2 cards (Nova S2 HD, HVR 4000) under Windows 7. I suspect that Hauppauge has replaced their vendor specific BDA extensions by "official" Windows 7 BDA extensions in the Windows 7 driver. Maybe DiSEqC is also affected.

I've made an attempt to fix it in TransEdit, but I need a tester... so if you are encountering such issues, please post here, and then I'll upload a TransEdit test version.

There were some reports about DVB-S2 not working in DVBViewer with Hauppauge DVB-S2 cards (Nova S2 HD, HVR 4000) under Windows 7. I suspect that Hauppauge has replaced their vendor specific BDA extensions by "official" Windows 7 BDA extensions in the Windows 7 driver. Maybe DiSEqC is also affected.

I've made an attempt to fix it in TransEdit, but I need a tester... so if you are encountering such issues, please post here, and then I'll upload a TransEdit test version.

i can be a tester.. just installed win7 and DVBViewer - i get a message saying cannot load source filter :D

This is not the appropriate forum section and not the appropriate topic for handling this problem. Please post it in the Bug Reports or Newbies section.

Tests are more or less useless if other issues interfere with them. They require some experience and an overall working DVBViewer installation.

• 1 month later...

I can witness DVB-S2 is working fine on W7 and DVBViewer pro. The only thing that puzzle me is that you can achieve Hardware accelleration (so far) ONLY using microsoft codecs, but since they are included in W7 I would not regard this as a major issue and, in any case, not a DVBViewer issue