Prof 7301 TransEdit Problem

starman345

I recently installed a Prof 7301 pci device in my computer and I'm using it successfully with DVBViewer 4.3.1.45 beta. I have Diseqc control with a Gbox 3000 positioner and a Diseqc switch.

With TransEdit, the device is recognized as a Prof 7301 BDA tuner/demod. The problem is the positioner console button is grayed out, I don't have access to the console. In the TransEdit.ini I can see that the Vendor.0=0. Can you offer any ideas on how to access the positioner console? Thank you.

support.zip

Edited by starman345

Erm... please try to set Vendor.0=13 in TransEdit.ini (TransEdit must be closed). I just got the information that it might work if you tell TransEdit that your card is a TurboSight device.

Thank you Griga, it works fine wiith Vendor.0=13. :bye: I can't find any problem, Diseqc works great in TransEdit with the Prof card.

I've found one small problem with TransEdit and the Prof 7301. When I select a frequency to scan on another satellite, the dish will start to move but if the destination satellite is too far away, the PAT box turns red and the dish stops moving at the same time. I'm guessing the PAT timeout is suspect here? I figured increasing the PAT timeout would fix the problem, but the max PAT timeout seems to be 32000 ms and that only gets me about 3/4 of the way across my viewable arc. This does not happen in DVBViewer.

In contrast to video/audio playback, there must be a scanner timeout (imagine it would wait endlessly for a "dead" transponder to deliver data on "Scan All"). TransEdit doesn't get feedback about the current position of your dish and how long it will take to arrive at the destination position, so I can't see a solution to this problem. But you may use Settings -> Hardware -> Retune Attempts to extend the timeout period.