I want get use RS like Server/Client

defcon5

Hi guys

Well, first all say than I use DVBViewer 4.2.1 and RS 1.5.0.31 in same PC without problems.

My next step is getting configure and environment with 2 PCs with RS in both.

Swear you, I´ve been reading a lot of threats refereing to RS anddon´t found anything can I help me.

Please, anybody can tell me o show me a little configuration similar?

My environment:

pc1 xp sp3 192.168.1.3 ---> Server (runs fine at the moment in stand alone mode)

DVB 4.2.1 and RS 1.5.0.31

pc2 Vista ultimate 192.168.1.2 -->Possible Client with your help

A months ago I set up a environment similar but not wiyh RS, following this threat:

http://www.DVBViewer.info/forum/index.php?showtopic=23627

I hope your advices for this and thanks in advance

Having the recording service running in multiple machines is fine but what do you want them to do? Do you want these to be able to server each other or have multiple recording servers to be available to the viewer?

I would like to see in both pcs with DVBViewer installed tv channels, like I got installing dvbserver a months ago

I use a single recording service as my server (I only have a single PVR box with DVB-S) but many client PCs which connect using the viewer as a client. I do not know how you can select multiple recording servers to server a single viewer client. Maybe there are other services available to accomplish this?

I use a single recording service as my server (I only have a single PVR box with DVB-S) but many client PCs which connect using the viewer as a client. I do not know how you can select multiple recording servers to server a single viewer client. Maybe there are other services available to accomplish this?

Thanks raty

I don´t want multiples RS, I want install DVBViewer in both pcs, but the tv cards are in the server PC.

May be I don´t explain me correctly, I´m sorry

I you take a look to the link attached at firs post, you will understand my target

Is a similar process than with the old dvbserver?

Edited by defcon5

Its possible, and very easy to have more than one Recording Service. In DVBViewer you just add more Unicast Network Devices in hardware configuration. You differentiate them by IP adress eg. Server 1 could be 192.168.1.40 and server 2 could be 192.168.1.41

Thanks raty

I don´t want multiples RS, I want install DVBViewer in both pcs, but the tv cards are in the server PC.

May be I don´t explain me correctly, I´m sorry

I you take a look to the link attached at firs post, you will understand my target

Is a similar process than with the old dvbserver?

On the server:

1. Install DVBViewer, configure it, scan channels, make shure everything works.

2. Install Recording Service

3. In DVBViewer go to Settings>Options>Hardware and select Do not use in State section for Tuners you want to share

4. Select Start>All Programs>DVBViewer>DVBViewer Recording Service>Service Options

5. Write down the port numbers for Unicast Interface, and Control Server. Mine is 3456 and 4022

6. Tick Activate Autdiscovery, write down portnumber, usualy 600

7. In Web Settings write Username and Password

On the Client

1. Install DVBViewer.Do not install any tuners in the Setup phase

2. In DVBViewer go to Settings>Options>Hardware. Clik the + button. select the number of Unicat tuners (the number of Tuners you have shared on the server)

3. Select Normal in State for every Device

4. For each device: Click Settings. In DVB Control Server write the IP adress of the server (you can find it with Start>CMD>ipconfig on the server)

5. Do the same in DVB Unicast Device

6. Write the Control Server port, mine was 4022

7. Write Unicast Server port, mine was 3456

8. In Autodiscovery Server list, the name of the Server should appear

9. In Options>Recording Servicetick Enable Support for Recording Service. write the IP adress of the server and the Username and password from server (point 7 above)

10. Click Test Connection. If all is okay, the name and version of Recoring Service should appear, otherwise it wil say FAILED

If everything is okay, you should now be able to scan channels on the client

If it fails, try to disable firewalls on both the server and the client

On the server:

1. Install DVBViewer, configure it, scan channels, make shure everything works.

2. Install Recording Service

3. In DVBViewer go to Settings>Options>Hardware and select Do not use in State section for Tuners you want to share

4. Select Start>All Programs>DVBViewer>DVBViewer Recording Service>Service Options

5. Write down the port numbers for Unicast Interface, and Control Server. Mine is 3456 and 4022

6. Tick Activate Autdiscovery, write down portnumber, usualy 600

7. In Web Settings write Username and Password

On the Client

1. Install DVBViewer.Do not install any tuners in the Setup phase

2. In DVBViewer go to Settings>Options>Hardware. Clik the + button. select the number of Unicat tuners (the number of Tuners you have shared on the server)

3. Select Normal in State for every Device

4. For each device: Click Settings. In DVB Control Server write the IP adress of the server (you can find it with Start>CMD>ipconfig on the server)

5. Do the same in DVB Unicast Device

6. Write the Control Server port, mine was 4022

7. Write Unicast Server port, mine was 3456

8. In Autodiscovery Server list, the name of the Server should appear

9. In Options>Recording Servicetick Enable Support for Recording Service. write the IP adress of the server and the Username and password from server (point 7 above)

10. Click Test Connection. If all is okay, the name and version of Recoring Service should appear, otherwise it wil say FAILED

If everything is okay, you should now be able to scan channels on the client

If it fails, try to disable firewalls on both the server and the client

Great miniguide !!

This work fine !! but... with disable firewall in server PC (Windows XP).

In Client PC (Vista Ultimate) firewall is running

Surely I need open ports in Server PC, client pc or both ...,

McenterFreak@

I use same ports than you, 3456, 4022, 600, 8060 (instead 80) in DVBViewer recording settings

Thanks and Happy new year 2010

Edited by defcon5
...fast & straight guide o:)

You could also look to DVBViewer Wiki's Recording Service Installation Guide...

;)

Buuuf Gioxy, you can bet than I read this guide a lot of times

Do you remembre when you helped me with setup RS?, and now for run DVBViewer in two pcs....

May be english language don´t help me to understand concepts...

thanks and Happy new year 2010

Any help for this?

Have anybody similar environment like me?

Cheers

Great miniguide !!

This work fine !! but... with disable firewall in server PC (Windows XP).

In Client PC (Vista Ultimate) firewall is running

Surely I need open ports in Server PC, client pc or both ...,

McenterFreak@

I use same ports than you, 3456, 4022, 600, 8060 (instead 80) in DVBViewer recording settings

Thanks and Happy new year 2010

Yes mcenterfreak but with firewall disable

please read up

Then you need to work a little bit with your firewall on the server. I is not possible for me to tell you how, because i don't hve the same software. But you need to grant access to DVBViewer Recording Service and the ports you use (eg. 4022, 3456, 8060, 80)

Then you need to work a little bit with your firewall on the server. I is not possible for me to tell you how, because i don't hve the same software. But you need to grant access to DVBViewer Recording Service and the ports you use (eg. 4022, 3456, 8060, 80)

Now is work fine !!!

I've open in server pc firewall the following

ports (TCP and UDP):

4022, 8060,3456,80

and the following aplications:

-service control

-service options

May be all is not necessary. Now I'll survey ports and aplications

Thanks a lot for your advices

• 3 years later...

Can I run RS and DVBViewer client on the same machine (I can, I know) and stream from RS to DVBViewer client? It seems that it should work, but I cannot scan the channels on Unicast device - no channels found.

I need to run on the same machine, and want all tuners to be used by RS, then, when I want to watch TV in DVBViewer, I cannot use the tuners, but need to get stream from RS. And this does not work for me... :(

I run the wizard, and the outcome is the same. I can connect to the service, but when I do channel scan, the scan runs very fast (1 second) and it finishes with status 0 channels found, 0 channels upated. There are no error messages.

Any idea, please?

I use only Windows Firewall, and it is disabled. I tried to connect to the RS from another computer, and it works!!! Just from the same PC I cannot tune the channels. Really strange.

DVBViewer and RS communicate each other. No doubt. I attached RS logfile. Can you read anything out of there, please. Ports (added 30000) are changed by me. You may see, that this did not work well also with the original ports.

Thanks in advance for any response.

svcdebug.zip

It starts to work!

I run DVBViewer as Administartor, and tuning started to work! What is surprising me is, that it seems that now tuning works even when I run DVBViewer normally (not as Administrator).