Digital Devices cine S2 / Mystique SaTiX-S2 Dual

buttonsNI.

hi read lately that these cards no not offer dual viewing/recordings from different satellites at the same time.

only from the same satellite

can anyone confirm this?

Edited by buttonsNI.
can anyone confirm this?

This is only true for the DVB application bundled with the Mystique (which is the DVBSHOP.TVplayer or MystiqueTV Player or TT-Viewer or DVBViewer TE2, whatever you want to call it, lacking the 'Groups' concept where you can assign tuners and channels to a group). Digital Devices has no software bundled at all. With DVBViewer Pro, you can do whatever you want, also including the 'Groups' concept of course.

It is a pure software feature. To the application, Mystique and Digital Devices appear as two distinct DVB adapters and you can really use them as such.

Edited by CiNcH
lacking the 'Groups' concept where you can assign tuners and channels to a group

Usually configuring channel groups is not necessary for dual viewing/recordings from different satellites at the same time. Why do you mention it here? But it takes a software that supports using two tuners at the same time, of course.

IMO the main drawback of the current Digital Devices driver is the DiSEqC behaviour (compared to other cards), because the driver is more or less designed to be a Windows Media Center slave. DiSEqC doesn't work flawlessly with DVBViewer and TransEdit yet.

Usually configuring channel groups is not necessary for dual viewing/recordings from different satellites at the same time. Why do you mention it here? But it takes a software that supports using two tuners at the same time, of course.

Within the "DVBViewer Mini-App" aka MystiqueTV Player, if you select Hot Bird satellite within scan dialog, you can't tell it whether to use tuner 1 or tuner 2. But you can of course force it by disabling the tuner not connected to the Hot Bird LNB within the hardware options. OK, so you will find the channels then. But what happens if one reactivates the other tuner afterwards? Will it still use the right tuner? Think I will have to try it... I think it'll take the first closed tuner, not necessarily the one you scanned Hot Bird channels with, but I may be wrong.

But since everybody uses DVBViewer Pro, it does not matter anyway ;) .

Edited by CiNcH
if you select Hot Bird satellite within scan dialog, you can't tell it whether to use tuner 1 or tuner 2.

Mostly the tuners are connected to a switch (not directly to different LNBs). In this case LNB selection is done by sending DiSEqC commands, both tuners can receive all satellite positions, it doesn't matter whether tuner 1 or tuner 2 is used, channel group configuration is superfluous and will only cause unnecessary restrictions.

so your saying, both of these cards can view/record multi satellites at same time using both tuners ,provided that we use a different dvb software ie. DVBViewer....yes?

also diseqc is mentioned here......does it work with diseqc or not

you say "IMO the main drawback of the current Digital Devices driver is the DiSEqC behaviour (compared to other cards), because the driver is more or less designed to be a Windows Media Center slave. DiSEqC doesn't work flawlessly with DVBViewer and TransEdit yet"

then you say "Mostly the tuners are connected to a switch (not directly to different LNBs). In this case LNB selection is done by sending DiSEqC commands, both tuners can receive all satellite positions"

i am reading mixed comments here.

do these card have diseqc problem in DVBViewer..........i use 2 diseqc switches with 2 seperate feeds for 2 independant tuners at present. will i have issues with these cards?????

You can use both tuners of the card within DVBViewer as if you have 2 separate cards. No restrictions.

Griga is currently in contact with Digital Devices to get DiSEqC working properly. There are yet some open questions, just a matter of interpretation of the newly added BDA DiSEqC interfaces and/or Digital Devices implementation of those.

We've figured it out now.

The current state:

Though there is no particular support for it, DVBViewer Pro 4.2.1 works with Digital Devices cards, but only DiSEqC 1.0 (Pos/Opt). More or less accidently ;)

With DVBViewer Pro 4.3.1.60 Beta and Digital Devices cards DiSEqC doesn't work at all, due to attempts to add DiSEqC 1.1/1.2 support in combination with driver oddities. Same applies to TransEdit 3.5.2, unless the Vendor entry in the file TransEdit.ini is tweaked (Vendor.x=6 enables DiSEqC 1.0).

In future DVBViewer and TransEdit releases DiSEqC 1.0/1.1/1.2 will most likely work with these cards.

can you recommend one that might have carry the extensive range of control buttons as the floppydtv remote controller ?

never mind.

i see i can control DVBViewer via my sony ericsson w995 mobile phone via its bluetooth connection.

so i assume any bluetooth remote can control the viewer via the keyboard settings.

Edited by buttonsNI.