Timer "crashes" randomly

Timer "crashes" randomly and won't record anything. "Support.zip" attached.

I noticed the timer wasn't working. When I open the timer window it has scrambled information, picture attached "Recordings_tilt.jpg".

After I close and restart DVBViewer the timer window is back to normal, picture attached "Recordings_after-normal.jpg".

Did not have any problems with v4.0, problem started appearing when I updated to V4.1.1 .

Happens several times a week, at least every second day :) . Makes the timer completely unreliable.

support.zip

post-82580-1244235946_thumb.jpg

post-82580-1244235963_thumb.jpg

explain what scambled information? there is nothing scrambled.

The date is wrong by at least 1 day and there is a random time after the date. For example 4.6.2009 23:57:58.

Didn't think of a better way of saying it, sorry :) .

Edited by erkka
  • 4 weeks later...

I have recorded some surprisingly short movies lately. I haven't checked yet, but it seems like DVBViewer stopping all recordings at midnight.

Anyone else seen similar behaviour?

Don't know if this related to this issue, I don't have CoreAVC 1.9.5+Cuda acceleration or see any any strange information on the recordings list.

It wasn't a power failure at night. I'll make a test this night. Propably I know more tomorrow morning.

I have recorded some surprisingly short movies lately. I haven't checked yet, but it seems like DVBViewer stopping all recordings at midnight.

Anyone else seen similar behaviour?

Don't know if this related to this issue, I don't have CoreAVC 1.9.5+Cuda acceleration or see any any strange information on the recordings list.

It wasn't a power failure at night. I'll make a test this night. Propably I know more tomorrow morning.

Last night's recordings seem to have succeeded, the fault might be somewhere else.

Hi all,

Just to bring my little brick to the recording problem.

May be another issue or not?

Sometimes, when I record some SD(no HD) footage with the EPG in the background(crypted SAT chanels with DVB S2 3200+Viaccess)) while watching another program on the terrestrial, the recoded file is OK during the first, lets say 20mn, then picture turns black+no audio. It look like the Viaccess won't work anymore.

The end of recording time is OK as mentionned in the file property. That means the timer is OK.

The issue in question(stop decrypt) neither occurs when watching+record the crypted chanels.

I use CoreAVC without cuda(ATI graphic) but difficult to say weither there is some relationship between, for instance, watching terrestrial HD chanel(Core AVC) while recording SAT SD Chanels using the EPG.

Edited by trifon33
  • 2 months later...

Hello,

I am also facing a problem with recordings that failed randomly. Those recordings starts but size is a few MB insted of a few GB. It seems to fail especially with crypted HD recordings. It works properly if DVBViewer is running and a timer set. It failed when i use the dvbservice. I checked and i configured devices with the option "Use CI".

What could be wrong ?

My configuration is :

ATI Radeon 2400

CoreAVC 1.7

Technotrend T-1500

Thanks for your assistance.

Regards.

Jérôme