Timer problems when using CoreAVC with CUDA enabled

Autarch

Something rather strange happens when I watch a H264 channel with CoreAVC 1.9.5 as the codec and with CUDA enabled (on my NVIDIA 9800GT). All the EPG entries start having random minutes added or subtracted from their times and the Timer window shows dates as "12/06/09 23:59:11" instead of just "13/06/09":

post-81991-1244587636_thumb.png

post-81991-1244587647_thumb.png

Times stay wrong afterwards, even when watching a non-H264 channel, until I restart DVBViewer (after which some of my timers may have slipped a day).

If I disable CUDA in CoreAVC, or use a different codec, the problem doesn't happen.

I've tried three versions of the NVidia drivers, 182.50, 185.85 and now 186.06 (beta). I'm not sure whether it's NVidia, CoreAVC or DVBViewer to blame, perhaps all three :)

Any ideas?

Chris

support.zip

Any ideas?

Chris

It seems we might have the same problem. Reported a few days earlier here from a different perspective:

http://www.DVBViewer.info/forum/index.php?showtopic=34462

I don't watch any 264 channels, but I also have the 1.9.5 CoreAVC installed and as a default 264 codec in DVBViewer. I'm using a Nvidia 8800GTS 512. I don't use CoreAVC regularly because I use Mediaplayer Classic to play all 264 material.

I'll check if I can cause the problem to happen by watching mkv-files etc. I've never noticed when the problem happens until the timer stops working so don't know what is causing it. Since the timer info and EPG is screwed up there must be a problem with DVBViewer even if it could be triggered by something else.

Erkka

It seems we might have the same problem. Reported a few days earlier here from a different perspective:

http://www.DVBViewer.info/forum/index.php?showtopic=34462

I should have spotted that! If I'd looked at your timer snapshot I would have twigged that it was the same problem. However, it's never crashed as such for me.

Chris

• 1 month later...

Same problem here with DVBViewer 4.1.1.1, DVBViewer Filter 3.4.2 and CoreAVC 1.9.5.0 with CUDA enabled.

Also updated to latest NVidia driver 186.18 but behaviour is still the same.

OSD clock freezes and makes a jump every few minutes or so, EPG and recordings are unreliable. Problem probably existed before, but recently the main Dutch channels (Nederland 1, 2 and 3) were added in HD to my DVB-C network, so I started to notice problems while watching the Tour.

Also tried different DVBViewer application priorities, but it doesn't seem to be a thread priority problem. CPU is running at 60-70% with CUDA turned off and deinterlace method BOB. Clock is OK then.

I assume the clock information in the transport stream cannot be altered by CoreAVC. The only thing I can think of is, that some clock verification code in DVBViewer is off because of CoreAVC timing behaviour when CUDA is active.

regards,

Peter

• 1 year later...